Current Job Openings At Turn90
We are a small but growing team passionate about helping men succeed after prison. Turn90 currently has locations in Charleston and Columbia, SC with plans to open a third in 2024. The atmosphere is laid back and casual, but there is an expectation of high performance. We take training and continuous improvement seriously and are always looking for opportunities to get better. We embrace change. Things don’t stay the same around here for very long.
People who succeed at Turn90 have a personal standard of excellence, are empathetic towards others, flexible and lead with solutions.
The Director of Development is an exciting new opportunity at Turn90. This position is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of Turn90’s fundraising and development efforts. The focus is on creating and implementing effective strategies to secure financial support from individuals, corporations, foundations, and government sources. The Director of Development works closely with the Executive Director and
Board of Directors to ensure alignment with the organization's mission and goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and implement a comprehensive Development Plan annually, which maintains the fiscal health of the organization and provides future financial resources for growth and expansion.
- Create an annual plan for foundation giving, corporate major giving, annual appeal development and management, third party events, and internal events.
- Create funding targets for the Board of Directors.
- Work with program leadership to identify site/region-specific needs.
- Collect, organize, and maintain a complete and accurate database record of donors and funding received.
- Manage and analyze relevant data regarding donors, gifts and giving trends
- Build and steward relationships with potential and current donors, corporations, and foundations.
- Manage donor stewardship process, including gift acknowledgments, mass communication, and personal contact
- Work with the Executive Director on campaigns, special events, outreach, and other initiatives to increase our visibility and attract new donors.
- Represent and network on behalf of Turn90 at selected community and leadership events
Branding & Promotions
- Oversee branding, image, and consistency of messaging in all organization materials.
- Build a collection of narratives and case statements that support the general need for support as well as for discrete funding needs.
- Design and produce annual giving campaigns, as well as auxiliary marketing, promotional and outreach materials.
- Deliver presentations on programs to various community, corporate and church groups as needed.
- Collect content for social media.
- Assist the Executive Director with writing, tracking, and reporting on grants.
- Identify and vet new foundation opportunities.
- Submit LOI’s when appropriate to determine eligibility.
- Maintain relationships with foundation partners
- Proven experience in fundraising and development, with a track record of successfully securing major gifts and grants.
- Ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders from varying cultures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and takes an innovative approach to cultivate connections and engagement.
- Ability to prioritize work and the flexibility to change directions as the job dictates.
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactical plans.
- Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and best practices in fundraising.
- Proficient in using fundraising software and databases.
The salary range for this position is $70,000-$80,000 depending on years of experience. We offer an employee benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance, generous PTO, paid holidays, and 401(K).
Contact Us Today
To apply email a resume and cover letter with the subject line Senior Manager of Development.