Thank you for your interest in Turn90
Director of Social Enterprise
Are you an entrepreneur and skilled manager interested in expanding our existing social enterprises while also developing new opportunities moving forward?
Turn90 is looking for a creative, business-savvy leader to strengthen the sustainability and impact of our social enterprises employing men returning home from prison.
Turn90 operates a social enterprise as part of the overall nonprofit organization. The Turn90 Print Shop employs men enrolled in Turn90. The business provides high-quality custom garment screen-printing to businesses. The Turn90 Print Shop has two locations, one in Charleston and one in Columbia, SC.
The Director of Social Enterprise will manage business operations in both locations, but also be a thought leader for enterprise expansion and increased profitability. The Director of Social Enterprise will be charged with growing the annual revenue of all enterprises, which includes creating additional workforce job opportunities as well as improving profitability. They will be responsible for strategic business development which is critical to Turn90’s overall success.
Primary Role Responsibilities:
Define and lead our social enterprise strategy, including business planning, execution, and evaluation of all social enterprise businesses
- Identify product opportunities and potential markets for social enterprises consistent with Turn90’s mission, values and objectives
- Develop business models in collaboration with C leadership and outside resources that will meet financial and programming objectives
- In partnership with our financial staff, develop and track key financial metrics to measure progress
- Oversee day-to-day execution of social enterprises to ensure operational excellence
- Supervise staff of social enterprise operations managers, holding them accountable to agreed-upon outcomes on a regular basis
- With the Director of Operations, develop operating models that will deliver successful outcomes
- Collaborate with other Turn90 staff to maximize growth and skill development of Turn90 employees
- Identify key partnership opportunities with businesses and organizations that will lead to:
- Revenue growth– through the sale of Turn90 products or acquisition of Turn90 services
- Expense controls – through in-kind donations, partnerships and competitive bidding
- Brand building – develop relationships with individuals and organizations that could be leveraged to grow social enterprises efficiently
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Demonstrated business acumen and leadership experience covering strategic planning, business development, and operational execution.
- Passion for being an effective coach, motivating and holding accountable all staff reporting to him/her to the highest levels of excellence.
- Demonstration of project management, business planning, and financial forecasting and tracking.
- Data-Driven. Committed to utilizing data to best improve operations and program quality
- Big Thinker. Demonstration of innovative solutions to problems
- Self-starter. Works well independently but recognizes value of working with teams.
- Perseverance. Doesn’t give up at first sign of trouble.
Compensation: The starting salary for this position is $70,000 annually. We offer an employee benefits package including health insurance, paid sick and vacation leave, and paid holidays.
To Apply: All candidates should email resumes and a thoughtful cover letter to Kim@TurnNinety.com. Please title your email Director of Social Enterprise.